College seeks new road name
1 killed in interstate wreck
The Thread coming together
Man allegedly pistol whipped, robbed at motel
Broad Street to close temporarily
- Teacher uses new tools to engage students - 4:18 pm
- View Story - 4:06 pm
- Ga. first lady Sandra Deal to speak at Hills & Dales - 3:59 pm
- College seeks new road name - 3:50 pm
- Parks & Rec welcomes new director - 9:33 am
- 3 gunmen allegedly barge into home - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- 1 killed in interstate wreck - 5:51 pm
- The Thread coming together - 5:44 pm
- Man allegedly pistol whipped, robbed at motel - 5:36 pm
- MS bike ride to stop in LaGrange - 2:24 pm
- Father fights cancer as son recruited by UGA - 1:47 pm
- Seniors compile career-based final project - 1:19 pm
- R&B/soul artist to perform Saturday - 11:37 am
- Thieves steal 110 car batteries from Walmart - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Business spotlight: Children’s Dentistry encourages fun, hygiene - 6:12 pm
- GSP investigates 1-car wreck - 4:31 pm updated: 4:35 pm.
- Broad Street to close temporarily - 4:01 pm
- Young boxers honored, receive national rank - 2:15 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- Tower Trail run a family affair - 1:30 pm
- Neighbors: Joyce Sato - 6:30 am
- Man charged with breaking into car - 6:46 pm
- Attic Sale set for weekend - 6:07 pm
- Square turns pink with supporters - 6:04 pm
- Silver specialist speaks at Hills & Dales - 3:08 pm
- Band brings crowd to amphitheater - 2:55 pm
- Woman reports man cut her in yard - 12:58 pm
- Vanishing Troup: Three railroad depots - 8:59 am
- Church columnist: Catching up; Buy truth, don’t sell - 8:47 am
- Girl reports being shot with BB gun - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Merle Norman cuts ribbon on new site - 6:46 pm
- Symphony taps into elements - 5:22 pm
- Money taken from court bank account - 4:53 pm
- Man leads police on high speed pursuit - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Paint The Town Pink, H.O.P.E. walk Saturday - 7:16 pm
- Humane Society unveils new outside area - 7:02 pm updated: 7:09 pm.
- Driver identified in fatal crash - 5:36 pm
- Building front comes down - 5:21 pm
- John Denver tribute set to perform in Valley - 3:25 pm
- ‘Like angels sent from heaven’ - 9:09 am
- Man charged with strangling homeowner - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Gov., officials discuss workforce - 4:39 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- 3D Journeys to focus on Sicily - 4:15 pm
- Students sing for peace - 2:18 pm
- 4-H students’ summer takes off - 2:11 pm
- Police investigate rash of entering autos - 9:00 pm
- County looks at pay study options - 6:24 pm
- Groups collaborate on pollinator project - 5:55 pm
- Chief deputy graduates from FBI academy - 5:49 pm
- Renowned author, poet speaks at library - 4:50 pm updated: 9:23 am.
- Riverkeeper to host storytelling session - 4:09 pm
MS bike ride to stop in LaGrange
LaGRANGE — Cyclists will fill downtown this weekend as over a thousand people join the Bike MS: COX Atlanta Peach Ride 2016.The funds raised by ...
Father fights cancer as son recruited by UGA
LaGRANGE — During their son’s high-school years, Terry Godwin Sr. and Olivia Godwin were seemingly living the dream.SEC coaches were heavi...
Seniors compile career-based final project
LaGRANGE — Troup County School System seniors across the district are gearing up now for their final portfolio before graduation approaches. The...
R&B/soul artist to perform Saturday
LaGRANGE — Singer-songwriter Kyshona Armstrong, nominated for R&B/Soul Best Vocalists 2016 by the Nashville Industry Music Awards in the fem...
Thieves steal 110 car batteries from Walmart
LaGrange police are looking for two men who stole used batteries from Walmart at 803 New Franklin Road on Sept. 15.The store’s surveillance vide...
Business spotlight: Children’s Dentistry encourages fun, hygiene
LaGRANGE — Walking into Children’s Dentistry of West Georgia might make you think you were just transported to the old west.From bull horn...
Callaway remains fourth in Class AAA rankings
HOGANSVILLE - The Callaway Cavaliers, who have reached the halfway point of the regular season with a perfect record, remain fourth in this week’...
Happy senior night for Lady Tigers
LAGRANGE - It was a fitting way to end it.Before Monday’s home match against Smiths Station, the seniors on the Troup High volleyball team were ...
LaGrange plays a pair of tight ones
LAGRANGE - LaGrange High’s volleyball team kicked off a busy week with a pair of hard-fought matches that both went down to the wire.LaGrange, w...
Local runners take top spots in cross-country races
LaGrange High’s Alex Bowie took top honors among the freshmen and sophomore runners during the Aubrae Gunderson Invitational at the Georgia Inte...
Troup ready for big-time challenge
LAGRANGE - The Sandy Creek Patriots have established a standard of excellence over the past decade that few programs in the state have been able to ma...
Big plays power Troup on homecoming night
LAGRANGE - He got a block on the outside, saw the end zone, and he wasn’t going to be denied.With less than three minutes remaining in Friday...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 24-25, 2016
SaturdayEvents: The Hogansville Hummingbird Tower Trail Run, 5K Walk/Run is set for 9 a.m. Registration starts at 8 a.m. at Hogansville Elementary Sch...
Lassetter, Higgins set to marry
Ms. Lori Lassetter announces the engagement of her daughter, Lindsay Lorraine Lassetter, to David Paul Higgins, son of Jeffrey and Mary Higgins of LaG...
Vanishing Troup: Three railroad depots
LaGRANGE — Nutwood is a home built in 1833 by famed architect Cullen Rogers. It is surrounded by 200-year-old pecan trees on Upper Big Springs R...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 23, 2016
TodayEvents: The Active Life senior center at 140 Ragland St. offers oil painting classes at noon for all adults 55 and older. 706-883-1681Meetings: S...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 22, 2016
TodayEvents: God’s Breadbasket, a food pantry serving Hogansville residents, is open from 9 a.m.–noon.The Interfaith Food Closet at 416 Pi...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 21, 2016
TodayMeetings: A bereavement support group meets 11 a.m. at Hospice LaGrange.Self Help Harbor, 909 Stonewall St., hosts AA meetings at noon, 6 p.m. an...
Columnist: How one person made a difference for Ole Miss
OXFORD, Miss. — Today, the University of Mississippi, affectionately known throughout the ages as Ole Miss, is a changed institution from its tu...
Columnist: Troup, a land of opportunity; eating alone
When I got out of high school, West Georgia Technical College was opening and people said, “We will have a reason for people to stay in Troup Co...
Columnist: What’s going on in America?
“What’s going on?Mother, motherThere’s too many of you cryingBrother, brother, brotherThere’s far too many of you dyingYou kno...
Memoried Glances: 1991 — Troup County Ag Center opens
Septembers past, 25 years ago.From the LaGrange Daily News, 1991.Front Page NewsAgriculture Center Opening — The first phase of the Troup County...
Church columnist: Catching up; Buy truth, don’t sell
Before getting into the meat of this week’s column, please indulge me in a bit of rambling. There are a few things that I need to mention and so...
Columnist: A reflection on Sept. 11, 2001
Recently, we observed the 15th anniversary of 9-11. Though much was said and written about the occasion, and rightly so, I want to add a further word ...
CB&T, Synovus mark 75 years in Troup
LaGRANGE — CB&T of Troup County and Synovus are celebrating 75 years of service in Troup County this week.The bank was founded as LaGrange B...
Business Spotlight: C’Sons, Mare Sol aim for fine dining style
LaGRANGE — Walk in to Mare Sol on a given afternoon and classic rock flows past tables, and customers consider trying something on the menu or a...
Restaurant aims to revitalize
WEST POINT — For Mark and Debbie Barronton, opening the River House in a historic home at 1201 Second Ave. isn’t just a business venue, it...
Tire manufacturer to add thousands of jobs to LaGrange
LaGRANGE — A China-based tire manufacturing company set to locate in LaGrange will initially employ 1,000 people and invest more than half a bil...
Three nurses receive national distinction
LaGRANGE — Three registered nurses at WellStar West Georgia Medical Center received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, a national nursing...
Business Spotlight: Medicine Cabinet aims to give personal service
LaGRANGE — Pharmacists pause their work to greet customers as they enter while soda jerks at the back of the store scoop freshly made ice cream ...