‘God has a reason for me to be here’
‘At that point you’re just praying for survival’
2nd suspect arrested in N. Cary Street murder
The secret behind closed doors
LPD still search for shooting suspects
- Man caught allegedly sneaking weed into jail - 5:26 pm
- Theater: Two productions on tap this weekend - 4:43 pm
- City electric crews help after hurricane - 4:32 pm
- View Story - 4:22 pm
- ‘God has a reason for me to be here’ - 11:44 pm
- ‘At that point you’re just praying for survival’ - 12:05 pm
- 2nd suspect arrested in N. Cary Street murder - 7:34 pm
- The secret behind closed doors - 5:10 pm
- Fire damages apartment buildings - 6:11 pm
- Shrader named Daily News editor - 2:10 pm
- 1 man robbed at gunpoint - 6:13 pm
- Local agencies team up to save lives - 6:12 pm
- LPD still search for shooting suspects - 5:32 pm
- Art gallery owner finds rare bird - 5:20 pm
- Promenade open for business - 4:59 pm
- Archives director pens book on former president - 6:39 pm
- LaGrange Daily News acquired by Boone Newspapers, Inc. - 6:36 pm
- Reaching ‘the lost’ mission of Journey - 5:08 pm
- Bullet hits 2 apartments - 5:28 pm
- Local reaction: Presidential debate disgusted both sides - 5:23 pm
- ‘Leg it’ Saturday for literacy - 5:11 pm
- View Story - 5:04 pm updated: 7:03 pm.
- More charges added against alleged bank robbers - 5:03 pm
- Aspinwall Chiropractic a family practice - 5:03 pm updated: 6:56 pm.
- Lego Club holds first meeting - 4:26 pm
- Wilbert becomes digital storyteller - 4:24 pm
- LPD: 2 men exchange shots in gun fight - 3:33 pm updated: 7:24 pm.
- Craft beer in spotlight - 3:31 pm
- Time to get‘Humming’ - 1:00 pm
- New Habitat home to be constructed - 11:22 am
- Booking the waiting room - 11:15 am
- Target team aims for top scores - 11:04 am
- Redesign sparks collaboration - 7:33 pm
- Welch to speak Oct. 24 - 5:06 pm
- Storyteller to share tales of Cuba, Georgia - 2:26 pm
- LPD: 2 arrested for area bank robbery - 11:11 pm updated: 12:29 am.
- View Story - 7:42 pm
- Local leaders say issues should be debate’s focus - 7:28 pm
- TCSO: 8 arrested for allegedly trafficking meth - 5:51 pm
- Raffle helps ‘sheds light’ on West Point Lake - 5:38 pm
- View Story - 5:12 pm
- A very special day - 10:27 pm
- People find refuge fromhurricane in LaGrange - 7:33 pm
- Local agency in need of mentors - 6:41 pm
- TCSO: Woman allegedly molested young children - 6:37 pm
- City hall access to be a challenge - 4:16 pm
- LPD: Female allegedly points gun at woman - 8:49 pm
- LPD: 4 arrested during drug raid - 8:02 pm
- Hightower talks to current events and debates class - 7:52 pm
- Mansion topic of talk - 7:28 pm updated: 7:44 pm.
Shrader named Daily News editor
The LaGrange Daily News has named Jennifer Shrader its new editor.Shrader began work in the position Monday, replacing former editor Matthew Strother....
1 man robbed at gunpoint
Investigators with the LaGrange Police Department are searching for three men who allegedly assaulted a homeowner and robbed him inside his house in t...
Local agencies team up to save lives
A knock at the front door Saturday could potentially save your life or someone you love.The American Red Cross, along with the LaGrange Fire Departmen...
LPD still search for shooting suspects
Investigators with the LaGrange Police Department continue to search for two men suspected of shooting another man inside a home in the first block of...
Art gallery owner finds rare bird
There are certain animals that you wouldn’t expect to turn up in certain parts of the world, and that applies to wading birds appearing in the S...
Promenade open for business
The downtown promenade’s walkway beside Charlie Joseph’s is open once again, and the parking lot behind the stores along Bull Street also ...
Troup’s high-powered offense is flying high
LAGRANGE - He shrugged it off.In the first half of last week’s game against the rival LaGrange Grangers, Troup quarterback Montez Crowe threw an...
Callaway’s Atkins gets the tough yards
LAGRANGE - Callaway’s DJ Atkins has consistently shown he has the speed and elusiveness to make opposing defenses look silly.Since making his Ca...
Callaway’s season ends with first-round loss
ATLANTA - A successful season came to a close for the Callaway High volleyball team in the opening round of the state tournament.After finishing third...
Cavaliers remain fourth in Class AA rankings
LAGRANGE - The Callaway Cavaliers delivered a dominant performance in beating the sixth-ranked team in the state, but they’ve stayed put in this...
It’s state time for Lady Cavaliers
HOGANSVILLE - They’re not ready for the journey to end.The five seniors on the Callaway High volleyball team have been together since they were ...
Troup faces major home test against Cedartown
LAGRANGE - The Troup Tigers will play their final home game of the regular season this week.If Troup is victorious on Thursday night against Cedartown...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Oct. 1-2, 2016
SATURDAYEvents: Jefferson Street Market featuring local wares and produce is 9:30 a.m. to noon at 625 Jefferson St.Friends of LaGrange Memorial Librar...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 28, 2016
TodayMeetings: A bereavement support group meets 11 a.m. at Hospice LaGrange.Self Help Harbor, 909 Stonewall St., hosts AA meetings at noon, 6 p.m. an...
Neighbors: Joyce Sato
The Daily News’ weekly Neighbors series features one person from LaGrange and the surrounding area. This week we sought some culinary inspiratio...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 26, 2016
TodayEvents: A free genealogy class to help participants search for ancestors is 9:30–11:30 a.m. at The Active Life center on Ragland Street.A b...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 24-25, 2016
SaturdayEvents: The Hogansville Hummingbird Tower Trail Run, 5K Walk/Run is set for 9 a.m. Registration starts at 8 a.m. at Hogansville Elementary Sch...
Lassetter, Higgins set to marry
Ms. Lori Lassetter announces the engagement of her daughter, Lindsay Lorraine Lassetter, to David Paul Higgins, son of Jeffrey and Mary Higgins of LaG...
Columnist: A journey in Southern food
John T. Edge, a son of Jones County, Ga., with three-fourths of a degree from the University of Georgia, is a man in his heyday (his salad days are he...
Pick your Top 10 requirements for president
Dear Editor,Regardless of your presidential leanings, I have a challenge for you … a simple task.List the Top 10 expectations you have for your ...
Columnist: There used to be a ballpark … in Atlanta
Today, my family said goodbye to Turner Field, our family park. I’ll never think about it without thinking of that immortal Frank Sinatra song, ...
Memoried Glances: Telephone use in LaGrange increases
Octobers Past, 75 Years AgoFrom the LaGrange Daily NewsFront Page NewsPlans progressing for memorial park in city — Plans have been perfected an...
Columnist: Sometimes it’s not wise to mess with Mother Nature
Increasingly, we’re hearing about couples totally in love, who must face the fact that they will be unable to have children unless they seek ass...
Troup extension agent: Hole Digging 101
As the temperatures start to fall, we all get into the mood of improving our landscape or moving plants from one spot to another. Autumn is a good tim...
CB&T, Synovus mark 75 years in Troup
LaGRANGE — CB&T of Troup County and Synovus are celebrating 75 years of service in Troup County this week.The bank was founded as LaGrange B...
Business Spotlight: C’Sons, Mare Sol aim for fine dining style
LaGRANGE — Walk in to Mare Sol on a given afternoon and classic rock flows past tables, and customers consider trying something on the menu or a...
Restaurant aims to revitalize
WEST POINT — For Mark and Debbie Barronton, opening the River House in a historic home at 1201 Second Ave. isn’t just a business venue, it...
Tire manufacturer to add thousands of jobs to LaGrange
LaGRANGE — A China-based tire manufacturing company set to locate in LaGrange will initially employ 1,000 people and invest more than half a bil...
Three nurses receive national distinction
LaGRANGE — Three registered nurses at WellStar West Georgia Medical Center received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, a national nursing...
Business Spotlight: Medicine Cabinet aims to give personal service
LaGRANGE — Pharmacists pause their work to greet customers as they enter while soda jerks at the back of the store scoop freshly made ice cream ...