Fulfilling a life goal at 100
LPD prepares for National Night Out
Broad Street to close Tuesday morning
Scammer takes advantage of charity
Knife-wielding man robs gas station
- Crossing on Roanoke to close for 1 week - 2:09 pm
- Fulfilling a life goal at 100 - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Scammer threatens to drain bank accounts - 9:00 pm
- LPD prepares for National Night Out - 6:40 pm
- Broad Street to close Tuesday morning - 3:56 pm
- LaGrange High School homecoming court and representatives - 11:20 am
- Historian to speak on FDR book - 10:23 am
- Troup High receives sportsmanship award - 9:32 am
- Scammer takes advantage of charity - 7:36 pm
- Knife-wielding man robs gas station - 6:39 pm
- Teacher uses new tools to engage students - 4:18 pm
- View Story - 4:06 pm
- Ga. first lady Sandra Deal to speak at Hills & Dales - 3:59 pm
- College seeks new road name - 3:50 pm
- Parks & Rec welcomes new director - 9:33 am
- Driver hits tree, flees scene on foot - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- 1 killed in interstate wreck - 5:51 pm
- The Thread coming together - 5:44 pm
- Man allegedly pistol whipped, robbed at motel - 5:36 pm
- MS bike ride to stop in LaGrange - 2:24 pm
- Father fights cancer as son recruited by UGA - 1:47 pm
- Seniors compile career-based final project - 1:19 pm
- R&B/soul artist to perform Saturday - 11:37 am
- Thieves steal 110 car batteries from Walmart - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Business spotlight: Children’s Dentistry encourages fun, hygiene - 6:12 pm
- GSP investigates 1-car wreck - 4:31 pm updated: 4:35 pm.
- Broad Street to close temporarily - 4:01 pm
- Young boxers honored, receive national rank - 2:15 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- Tower Trail run a family affair - 1:30 pm
- Neighbors: Joyce Sato - 6:30 am
- Man charged with breaking into car - 6:46 pm
- Attic Sale set for weekend - 6:07 pm
- Square turns pink with supporters - 6:04 pm
- Silver specialist speaks at Hills & Dales - 3:08 pm
- Band brings crowd to amphitheater - 2:55 pm
- Woman reports man cut her in yard - 12:58 pm
- Vanishing Troup: Three railroad depots - 8:59 am
- Church columnist: Catching up; Buy truth, don’t sell - 8:47 am
- Girl reports being shot with BB gun - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Merle Norman cuts ribbon on new site - 6:46 pm
- Symphony taps into elements - 5:22 pm
- Money taken from court bank account - 4:53 pm
- Man leads police on high speed pursuit - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Paint The Town Pink, H.O.P.E. walk Saturday - 7:16 pm
- Humane Society unveils new outside area - 7:02 pm updated: 7:09 pm.
- Driver identified in fatal crash - 5:36 pm
- Building front comes down - 5:21 pm
- John Denver tribute set to perform in Valley - 3:25 pm
- ‘Like angels sent from heaven’ - 9:09 am
- Man charged with strangling homeowner - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
Knife-wielding man robs gas station
LaGRANGE — Investigators with the LaGrange Police Department are searching for a man who robbed a clerk at the Shell gas station at 320 Commerce...
Teacher uses new tools to engage students
LaGRANGE — “Indian in the Cupboard” is more than a book to Barbara McCain and the students in her West Point Elementary School class...
LaGRANGE — The Junior Service League Attic Sale is set for this weekend to raise money for community projects. The sale has a new location, the ...
Ga. first lady Sandra Deal to speak at Hills & Dales
LaGRANGE — On Tuesday evening, Oct. 4, Sandra Deal, wife of Gov. Nathan Deal, will visit Hills & Dales Estate to talk about her recent book ...
College seeks new road name
LaGRANGE — With the Panther Palooza homecoming celebration swiftly approaching, the city maybe giving LaGrange College yet another reason to cel...
Parks & Rec welcomes new director
LaGRANGE — The Mike Daniel Recreation Center hosted a reception Tuesday to welcome the new parks and recreation director, Cajen Rhodes.Before co...
It’s an extra-inning thriller for Callaway
HOGANSVILLE - They were tested and pushed to the brink, and the Callaway Lady Cavaliers found a way to get it done.Facing Temple in a region softball ...
Callaway seniors play final home game
HOGANSVILLE - When Heather Smith started coaching volleyball at Callaway High in the fall of 2012, there were a group of eighth graders who arrived in...
LaGrange splits pair of matches on home floor
LAGRANGE - LaGrange High’s volleyball team played a pair of matches that both went the full three sets on Tuesday.LaGrange beat Kendrick in thre...
Callaway remains fourth in Class AAA rankings
HOGANSVILLE - The Callaway Cavaliers, who have reached the halfway point of the regular season with a perfect record, remain fourth in this week’...
Happy senior night for Lady Tigers
LAGRANGE - It was a fitting way to end it.Before Monday’s home match against Smiths Station, the seniors on the Troup High volleyball team were ...
LaGrange plays a pair of tight ones
LAGRANGE - LaGrange High’s volleyball team kicked off a busy week with a pair of hard-fought matches that both went down to the wire.LaGrange, w...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 24-25, 2016
SaturdayEvents: The Hogansville Hummingbird Tower Trail Run, 5K Walk/Run is set for 9 a.m. Registration starts at 8 a.m. at Hogansville Elementary Sch...
Lassetter, Higgins set to marry
Ms. Lori Lassetter announces the engagement of her daughter, Lindsay Lorraine Lassetter, to David Paul Higgins, son of Jeffrey and Mary Higgins of LaG...
Vanishing Troup: Three railroad depots
LaGRANGE — Nutwood is a home built in 1833 by famed architect Cullen Rogers. It is surrounded by 200-year-old pecan trees on Upper Big Springs R...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 23, 2016
TodayEvents: The Active Life senior center at 140 Ragland St. offers oil painting classes at noon for all adults 55 and older. 706-883-1681Meetings: S...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 22, 2016
TodayEvents: God’s Breadbasket, a food pantry serving Hogansville residents, is open from 9 a.m.–noon.The Interfaith Food Closet at 416 Pi...
LaGrange, Troup County and surrounding area events — Sept. 21, 2016
TodayMeetings: A bereavement support group meets 11 a.m. at Hospice LaGrange.Self Help Harbor, 909 Stonewall St., hosts AA meetings at noon, 6 p.m. an...
Columnist: The perfect house …
The window boxes were filled with red flowers that were a contrast to the white trim across the top floor windows. The red was the exact color of the ...
Columnist: Having a different kind of spirit
A friend told me about a little boy named Jamie Scott. Jamie was trying out for a part in his school play. His mother knew that he didn’t have m...
Columnist: Climate — The politicization of science
“It will be like weather forecasting on earth … One can’t predict the weather more than a few days in advance.” — Stepha...
Letter: Be flexible, consider both political sides
I have slogged through quite enough voluminous editorial political page claptrap to last a lifetime. Much of it reiterating – or should I say re...
Letter: Why me, Lord?
Dear editor:I was at the DDS – Department of Driver Services – this past week to renew my license for another eight years. The young lady ...
Columnist: How one person made a difference for Ole Miss
OXFORD, Miss. — Today, the University of Mississippi, affectionately known throughout the ages as Ole Miss, is a changed institution from its tu...
CB&T, Synovus mark 75 years in Troup
LaGRANGE — CB&T of Troup County and Synovus are celebrating 75 years of service in Troup County this week.The bank was founded as LaGrange B...
Business Spotlight: C’Sons, Mare Sol aim for fine dining style
LaGRANGE — Walk in to Mare Sol on a given afternoon and classic rock flows past tables, and customers consider trying something on the menu or a...
Restaurant aims to revitalize
WEST POINT — For Mark and Debbie Barronton, opening the River House in a historic home at 1201 Second Ave. isn’t just a business venue, it...
Tire manufacturer to add thousands of jobs to LaGrange
LaGRANGE — A China-based tire manufacturing company set to locate in LaGrange will initially employ 1,000 people and invest more than half a bil...
Three nurses receive national distinction
LaGRANGE — Three registered nurses at WellStar West Georgia Medical Center received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, a national nursing...
Business Spotlight: Medicine Cabinet aims to give personal service
LaGRANGE — Pharmacists pause their work to greet customers as they enter while soda jerks at the back of the store scoop freshly made ice cream ...