November 26, 2013
• Michael Jerome Barnes, 49, of West Point, was arrested on suspicion of possession or use of drug related objects, two counts of obstructing law enforcement officers and theft by shoplifting.
• A juvenile was arrested and charged with carrying a weapon onto school property at Callaway Middle School after bringing a knife onto campus.
• A thief broke a front and rear window and also damaged one of the interior doors and interior walls in the 100 block of Addie Street. The damage was estimated to be $300.
• Three juveniles between the ages of 14-17 intentionally set fire to a vacant lot that caused over $500 in damages to grass and shrubs to replace in the 100 block of Martha Street.
• The passenger side mirror of a 2013 Hyundai Accent was bent backwards and the windshield was shattered after an altercation in the 1500 block of Hogansville Road. Damage to the vehicle is estimated to be over $500.
• A thief broke into a vehicle in the 400 block of Cooley Road and stole about $200 in change as well as $25 in bills, a serpentine necklace and a men’s cluster ring.
• Eight 5-500 milligram Hydrocodone, 15 25 milligram Promethazine, 10 Ambien pills and $1,600 in cash were reported stolen from the first block of Yarbrough drive in Hogansville.
• $8,900 in cash was reported stolen from the 100 block of Waugh Road.
• A 50 inch TV of unknown make or model was reported stolen from the 300 block of Cooley Road.
• A thief broke into an apartment in the 100 block of West Meadow Way and stole a Hitachi 50 inch flat screen TV valued at $700 and a Hitachi 42 inch flat screen TV valued at $450. According to reports, the front door was forced open and was the point of entry for the thief.
• An Xbox 360 valued at $150 and a 32 inch TV of an unknown make or model valued at $300 were reported stolen from the 200 block of Tuggle Street.