LaGRANGE — Eligible students who live outside of Troup County can now pay tuition to attend the Troup County school closest to their home address.
Troup County School System is now accepting applications for non-resident students. The application and parent information sheet are now available on troup.org.
Georgia residents outside Troup County will be assessed a $300 yearly tuition fee and students residing outside the state will be assessed a $5,500 yearly tuition fee.
Some criteria for acceptance include:
• Student compliance with TCSS’s rules of conduct.
• Complete application: Non-Resident Application.
• $25 nonrefundable application fee.
• Student must meet GHSA eligibility requirements.
• Students will be assigned to the school that is geographically nearest their residence.
• Transportation and associated costs must be provided by parent; not to be reimbursed by TCSS.
• A complete list is located under Board Policy JBCCA.
Applications are located on troup.org under Forms & Links > Registration. For consideration, a complete application must include the following:
Complete official transcript or academic record from previous school.
Complete attendance records from previous school.
Any records reflecting the conviction or adjudication of any felonies or delinquent acts.
From a press release submitted by Troup County School System.