LaGRANGE — The Troup County Board of Education voted on several items at its Thursday meeting.
Among the items approved by the board were the following:
• Modification of the school system’s tobacco use policies for teachers and students to add that vaporizers, or e-cigarettes, be regulated the same as tobacco products.
• The “Troup County Local Plan for Program Improvement,” which includes applications for Carl Perkins funding, Education Career Partnership Grant, State Extended Day Grant, Youth Apprenticeship Grant, CTAE Supervision Grant funding and the Local Plan for Agricultural Education including Agriculture Extended Day funding and Agriculture Extended Year funding. The total gain if all funding is received would be $878,794, according to school system documents. The funding would support Career, Technical and Agriculture Education, or CTAE, programs in schools.
• A contract with Troup County Commission for the services of adding resource officers at Callaway and Long Cane middle schools for $100,000. The board approved a Callaway High School resource officer in May. School resource officers at schools in the LaGrange city limits — Gardner Newman Middle School, and LaGrange and Troup high schools — are billed to the system monthly through utility payments, according to board documents.
• Purchasing cleaning chemicals for use Aug. 1 to June 30, 2016, from Aramark Corporation at a cost of $60,000.
• Renewal of a contract with Dye’s Dust Control to continue providing mat cleaning and refreshing service for the 10-month school year at a cost of $40,730.40.
• Renewal of the school system’s annual Novell network license that runs software on the school system’s network servers for $37,445 through Southern Computer Warehouse Inc.
• Renewal of its annual contract with West Georgia RESA for supervision of the Youth Apprenticeship Program for $37,275. The cost would come from allocated state funds, according to board documents.
The Board of Education usually meets 5:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month at the Administrative Services Center, 100 N. Davis Road, building C.
Reach the LaGrange Daily News at 706-884-7311.