A thief took six antique copper gutter downspouts from Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church at 207 N. Greenwood St., a church representative reported about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The representative told the reporting officer that the downspouts must have been taken between Monday night and Tuesday morning. The representative estimated the downspouts’ value at about $1,000.
The reporting officer noted there were two similar thefts reported Monday, one at Averett Company at 308 S. Lewis St. where 6-inch copper downspouts valued at $1,600 were stolen. No information on the other theft was immediately available.
Police were investigating.
• A resident in the 600 block of Ware Street reported that a burglar stole a 39-inch Vizio flat-screen TV valued at $400, PlayStation 4 video game system valued at $400 and bedroom entertainment system valued at $500. The reporting officer noted that a back window of the residence was broken and the resident believed the burglar entered through it.
• A resident of the 400 block of Jefferson Street reported that a burglar stole a Husky weed trimmer valued at $250 and a Poulan handheld yard blower valued at $169. The resident believed the burglar entered through a broken window.
• A thief took an Echo gas trimmer valued at $250 from a truck in the back yard of a home in the 800 block of Dunson Street, the resident reported.
• A LaGrange College student reported a thief entered his dorm in Boatwright Hall, 601 Broad St., and stole a PlayStation 4 and video game valued at a total $560.
• Someone stole a LaGrange woman’s debit card and used it to withdraw $380 from her account, she reported.
All information in this report is gathered from official law enforcement and public safety reports and releases. It is the policy of the Daily News to list the names of people charged with felonies.