Two teens and a juvenile were arrested at the Piggly Wiggly on Roanoke Road for trying to steal beer and other items Thursday.
According to a police report, at around 10:22 a.m., LaGrange Police officers responded to the 1800 block of Roanoke Road regarding a shoplifting in progress involving three females with one placing beer in her purse. Just before arrival, 911 advised officers that the three were standing at the register with the items still concealed in their purses.
The report said that officers made contact with Ariana Towns, 18, of LaGrange, Kierra Adams, 19, of LaGrange and the juvenile, whose named and age were both undisclosed in the report.Officers then asked if they had anything large in their purses. The juvenile replied yes and pulled out a 12 pack of Bud Light Mang-O-Ritas valued at $15.
The report said that upon further investigation, Officers found assorted candy items, a bottle of Quality Chest Rub and two packs of Hall’s Cough Drops whose total valued equaled $33.
Towns and Adams were booked and a citation was completed for theft by shoplifting and minor in possession of alcohol, while officers completed a juvenile complaint form on the juvenile for theft by shoplifting and minor in possession of alcohol.
• A woman reported that an unknown person entered her 1994 Ford Explorer in the 100th block of Oak Lane and stole a JVC CD player valued at $80.
• A man reported that an unknown person stole a utility trailer valued at $500 that had a 280 gallon fuel tank valued at $1,000 that was carrying around $200 worth of diesel fuel in the 1st block of New Hutchinson Mill Road.
• A West Point man reported that an unknown person stole his car from his residence. The car was recovered shortly after on Pear Street.
• An unknown person stole a 39 inch Emerson HD TV in the 1st block of Brittney Lane.
• The owner of the Farmers Market in the 600 block of Greenville Street reported that an unknown person came in and paid $68.92 worth of items with a forged check.