A man was hit by a vehicle Saturday, allegedly after exchanging words with the driver.
Officers found Santino Harris at 103 Butler St. with an apparent injury to his right leg. Harris told officers that after exchanging words with Atria Wilson, 23, of Avery Drive, he exited her vehicle and began walking toward Hamilton Road.
After walking away from the vehicle, Wilson allegedly got back into her vehicle, drove toward him in the oncoming traffic lane and struck him, “causing trauma to his lower right leg,” according to a press release. Harris was taken to the Columbus Medical Center trauma unit for treatment.
LaGrange police investigated and later arrested Wilson on an aggravated assault charge. She was being held in the Troup County Jail this morning on a $10,000 bond.
• A burglar entered the rear door of a home in the 900 block of Georgia Avenue and stole a 42-inch Phillips flat-screen TV valued at $800.
• A burglar entered a business in the 100 block of Service Park Lane and stole tools valued at $7,000.
• A burglar entered a home in the 100 block of Laurel Ridge Avenue East through the back door and stole a 32-inch Sanyo flat-screen TV valued at $200, a 32-inch Zenith flat screen TV valued at $250 and a Sony VCR valued at $30.
• $300 was stolen from a person in the LaGrange Mall parking lot.
• In the 300 block of Baileys Way, a burglar took a 42-inch Sanyo flat-screen TV valued at $800.
• A burglary was reported in the 200 block of Cherry Valley Drive, where a 46-inch flat-screen TV valued at $400, a Playstation 3 valued at $400 and two games valued at $40 where stolen. The burglar entered through the front door after kicking through the front screen door.
• Shoplifters at Dollar General in West Point took $48 in items.
• A thief entered a vehicle in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel, stealing a Michael Kors Purse with a driver’s license, debit card and $285 cash.
A rape was reported on the 100 block of Turner Street. No further information was available this morning.