• A man was arrested and charged with auto theft, after police recovered a stolen vehicle in the woods near the lake access of Liberty Hill Park on Monday.
The Troup County Sheriff’s Office notified LaGrange Police of stolen property in the area at approximately 3 p.m. Leonard Weeks, 33, of LaGrange, was arrested on Monday morning, after officers saw him on Liberty Hill Road pushing a wheelbarrow of what was later determined to be stolen property.
According to investigators, he was in possession of a key to an unknown vehicle at the time of his arrest. Weeks was charged with auto theft after police confirmed that the key belonged to the stolen truck.
• Two bottles of prescription medications were stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Gordon Commercial Drive, according to LaGrange police. The victim said she left her 2000 Mazda 626 unlocked, with medications in a clear bag on the front seat.
• A woman reported someone took items from a bag in her roommate’s 2002 Ford Focus in the 100 block of North Davis Street, according to police. She said the car had been left unlocked prior to the incident.
• A woman reported someone breaking into her vehicle in the 200 block of Baugh Street, after returning to find one door opened. She said she could tell someone went through her belongings, but does not know of any items that were stolen.
• Joel Jenkins, 34, was arrested on felony drug charges in the 400 block of Camelot Drive, according to a police report. Police said he was found to have Xanax pills not prescribed to him, along with similar anxiety medication.