Valley police are looking for a man suspected of raping a 77-year-old woman.
On Thursday officers were called to the house in the 1800 block of 55th Street in Valley in reference to an alleged burglary, rape, and robbery that had occurred.
Officers met with the victim, who said that she was awakened early this morning by a man who had broken into her house. She said that the man beat her and then raped her.
The victim was transported to George H. Lanier Hospital for treatment of her injuries. The suspect is described as being a slender/muscular black male, approximately 23 to 25 years old, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 130-140 pounds. He was wearing blue cotton pants and black and white tennis shoes.
The Valley Police Department is asking that if anyone has any information concerning this crime or suspect, to please call department at 334-756-5200 or the Valley Area Crime Stoppers at 800-756-8200.
• Jennifer Leigh Williams, 26, of Wares Cross Road was charged by Troup deputies with suspected theft by taking, with the suspected theft of scrap metal.
• A woman was charged with a misdemeanor for being in possession of brass knuckles and a knife after an incident at Cameron Crossing Apartments. As a dispute between the woman and her live-in domestic partner escalated, police said she had used the brass knuckles to hit the man and then was using the knife to threaten him. The man locked himself in a bathroom when the police arrived.
• A man on U.S. 29 in Hogansville reported that catalytic converters from vehicles that were in his salvage yard. The items were worth $200.
• A resident of Lee’s Crossing Apartments told police that she had guests over at her house and one of them stole her television, PlayStation 2, and a cell phone. The television was worth $810.
• A juvenile complaint was filed on a girl after police said she took a purse from another student at Gardner Newman Middle School.