Clyde Edward Brown, 53, of Colquitt Street, was charged with selling cocaine, unlawful use of a communications facility and possession of cocaine with the intent to distribute.
While in Brown’s house, a K-9 dog alerted police to a bag with crack cocaine in a storage room. Investigators also found a razor blade with cocaine residue and a canister with a false compartment that had 64 bags of crack inside.
Agents also seized more than $2,700.00 in currency and five vehicles on the property, two of which were marked as belonging to Friendly Cab. Investigators believe Brown was selling drugs out of his cabs as well as his house.
• Ramiro Jay Rodriguez, 23, whose address was unavailable, was charged by LaGrange police with felony marijuana possession. Rodriquez was found in his car at NOK at 1618 Lukken Industrial Drive smelling of alcohol and marijuana. An officer found a bag of marijuana in his pocket.
• Robert Eugene Segrest, 39, of Opelika, Ala., was held without bond after being charged by Troup investigators with manufacturing methamphetamine, theft by taking, theft by taking a motor vehicle, burglary, giving a false name to an officer and escape.
• Stantavius Marquis Shealey, 21, of Fourth Avenue in West Point was charged with felony shoplifting by West Point police after his third offense.
• David Issac Stroud, 24, of U.S. 27, was charged with rape by the Troup County Sheriff’s Office.
Samaritan gets shafted
A West Point Road resident told Troup deputies he is out $35 after giving another man a ride.
The victim said he met a man at Pony Express on Vernon Road who said his car was next door at Lee’s Crossing Tire and Service and that the man needed a ride to Lee’s Crossing Apartments. The victim gave the man a ride, but the man asked him for $35 until they got to another gas station. The man told the victim he would give him his money after he went to the gas station and cashed a $500 lottery ticket. The gas station wouldn’t cash the ticket so the man asked to be taken to a Houston Street house and that he would pay him the $35, plus an extra $50 for gas.
When the victim drove the man to Houston Street, he went inside and didn’t come out, even after the victim knocked on the door.
Hamilton Road business, house burglarized
Troup deputies say someone broke out the front door of Sun South at 3452 Hamilton Road about 4 a.m. Friday and took 24 pieces of equipment of unknown value. A woman in the 2000 block of Hamilton Road said someone broke out the back window of her house at about 2:30 a.m. Friday but didn’t get inside.
LaGrange police also reported two burglaries of Hamilton Road businesses early Friday morning.
• A man who is currently a resident of the Troup County Jail told deputies he found out someone has taken his 1991 Lincoln Continental from where he’d left it parked at a house in the 500 block of Big Springs-Mountville Road.
• A $300 Carolina engine horse crane was taken from a garage in the 100 block of Clearwater Court.
• A Woodland man who owns a house in the 2000 block of Stovall Road said $600 in items were taken from the property.
• A woman in the first block of Southern Pine Drive said someone took the key to her car and $20 from inside her car.
An Oakmont Drive woman said she has been trying to claim her juvenile granddaughter, for whom she has custody, on her taxes, but is being denied. The woman believes someone has obtained the child’s Social Security number.
– It is the policy of LaGrange News to print the names of those charged with felonies.