LaGrange police say a man was robbed of his car, wallet and cellphone when he was approached by a group of men Sunday on West Crovat and Whitesville streets.
The man said he was parked near a shot house on Whitesville Street when four men approached his 1999 Lincoln Town Car and surrounded it. Two of the men told him to get out of the car and two men on the driver’s side grabbed his arm and pulled him out, the victim said. Two of the men then got in the car and drove away, and the other two walked back to West Crovat and Whitesville Road with the victim’s wallet and cell phone.
Police: victim jumped by men
LaGrange police say a 19-year-old was jumped by several men in the 800 block of Dallis Street Friday and the men took the keys to the victim’s car and a Chicago Bulls ball cap.
The victim said he knew one of the men who jumped him. Police are investigating and anyone with information on the incident is asked to call LaGrange police at 706-883-2603 or Crime Stoppers at 706-812-1000 or text an anonymous tip to 274-637, keyword LAGRANGE. Tips also may be submitted online at www.lagrangega.org or www.facebook.com/lagrange.police.
• Someone used a tire iron to shatter a door at Friendly Rentals at 123 Commerce Ave., late Friday night, but nothing was taken from the business.
• A woman in the 200 block of Springdale Drive said someone got in her unlocked 2002 Ford Expedition and took a Samsung Behold cell phone of unknown value. The vehicle also had been ransacked.
• A $50 golf course flag was taken from Highland Country Club, 1001 Country Club Road.
• Appliances in a rental house were taken in a suspected burglary Sunday in the 500 block of Guinn Street. A stove worth $200, a $300 refrigerator and a $100 ceiling fan all were reported missing.
• A $500 Motorola cell phone was reported taken from a 1988 Ford Mustang parked in the 500 block of Lincoln Street.
• A woman having a yard sale in the 600 block of South Greenwood Street said someone took $23 from the money box while she went across the street and left her 16-year-old daughter in charge.
A woman told LaGrange police someone had used her Charterbank account to make several purchases at Walmart stores in Atlanta, Lithonia and Covington. Purchases totaled more than $830.
• A woman in the 500 block of Lincoln Street said someone broke the front windshield on her 2004 Honda Civic, causing less than $500 damage.