Police arrested Devaris Jerome Edwards, 26, of Selma, Ala., for the trafficking of marijuana. After Taylor was pulled over on Interstate 85 for following to closely behind a vehicle, police searched the vehicle and discovered a piece of luggage that contained about 60 pounds of marijuana.
• A woman said that a shotgun is missing from a garage in the first block of Maley Road. The value of the shotgun is unavailable.
• A man and woman of Salem Chipley Road said that 52 inch TV, valued at $900, was taken from their home.
• A resident of Hogansville Road said someone broke into his home and stole tools and a jewelry box with assorted jewelry. The value of the stolen merchandise is unknown.
•A man working on a home in the first block of Sanford Avenue said that someone stole a hot water heater valued at $300 from the residence.
• An employee of Greene Finance at 156 Commerce Avenue said that someone broke the driver window of a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am causing under $500 in damage.
• A man in the first block of North Cary Street said that someone cut the power cord to his washing machine causing $200 in damage.
• A woman in the 300 block of Brown Street says that fraudulent charges were made to her bank account. The unauthorized charges include CVS Pharmacy for $35.49, Walmart for $24.39, Verizon Wireless for $15.75, $ 15.75, $400.00, and $1,361.29, DTT Corp. for $209.00, and Securus Corr Billing Services for $31.95.
• Ronnie Edward Collins, Jr., 30 of Brewton, AL was charged with possession of marijuana. Police stopped his vehicle on Interstate 85 after noticing his obscured tag. Officers recovered 2.5 ounces of the drug upon searching Collins and the vehicle.